Liability Claims

Liability claims arise when a citizen or other private entity believes that a State employee or department is responsible for monetary damages the citizen experienced. The loss arises from an accident or other unexpected event, and causes an injury or property damage that costs the citizen a monetary loss. In Colorado, there is only one method of filing a claim with the state. The citizen or private entity must mail a written claim to the Attorney General's office.

For more information on that process, please download one of our claim forms below.

Submit a Claim    Status of a Claim

Additional Resources

State Incident Report Forms

Questions? Contact the Liability Program Manager or 303-866-4987.

State employees, please use these forms for ordering insurance replacement cards for your state vehicle.

State Employee Accident Information Card

State Employee Accident Information Card Order Form

3rd Party Claim Card SORM

3rd Party Claim Card SORM Order Form