Per C.R.S. 24-30-202.4. (Collection of debts due the state - state agency option - controller's duties - offsetting disbursements - definitions) the State Controller shall promulgate fiscal rules as well as advise state agencies for the collection of debts due to a state agency*. State agencies are responsible for administering the rules set forth in Fiscal Rule 10 - Collection of Debts Due to the State. State agencies are required to submit a report to the State Controller annually on their agency accounts receivable and collections plan. Additionally, the State Controller authorizes the methods in which state debts may be collected, approves disbursements from state funds for unpaid balances owed and with the State Treasurer may authorize debt forgiveness.
*Exceptions to this Fiscal Rule are listed in C.R.S. 24-30-202.4(2)a
Forms and Resources
- State Agencies that would like to set up Tax Offsets can contact DOR here: DOR_MIRSupport@state.co.us
- For copies of judgments, contact Machol and Johannes LLC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of the State Controller private collections agencies (PCA) State Price Agreements
- Additional questions? Please send to: email@example.com
- SB21-055 Collection of State Debts