- SPCO Publications
- Legal Procurement Resources
- Colorado Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- Procurement Code (Title 24, Article 101-Article 112)
- Note that the Procurement Code has been modernized through HB17-1051, effective August 9, 2017. For access to the signed act, an index, overview webinar, and background visit our Procurement Modernization Initiative page.
- Procurement and Fiscal Rules
- Unofficial Code and Rules Updated 8/2022
- Keep Jobs in Colorado
- Public notice postings for contract performance outside the US or Colorado
- Form for vendor reporting to governmental body
- See eSubmissions webpage for form for governmental body reporting to DPA
- Services Set-Aside List (Agencies using vendors from this list should report to firstname.lastname@example.org upon entering into a new contract or upon renewal of contract with vendors)
- Keep Jobs in Colorado
- Colorado Procurement Guidance
Colorado Procurement Guidance is issued on a periodic basis.
- Accessibility & Procurement
- The Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT)'s Accessibility for Procurement Guide
- Accessibility language is included in the SPCO Solicitation Templates (below) and Contract Templates.
- Solicitation Templates
- Purchasing Thresholds
Goods & Services Threshold / Bidding Tools Up to $50,000 Discretionary
- No Competition Required*
$50,000 to $250,000 Small Purchases
- Documented Quote (DQ)
$250,000 and Over --
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Invitation for Bid (IFB)
- Invitation to Negotiate (ITN)**
Special circumstance procurements, emergency procurements, reverse auctions, and sole source procurements may be used at any threshold, with approval from the agency procurement official or Chief Procurement Officer (CPO), as required.
* A governmental body without delegated purchasing authority may purchase goods or services with no competition required up to a limit of $5,000.
** The CPO may approve or deny a request to use a DQ process when the estimated cost would exceed the small purchase threshold.
- Colorado Commitment Voucher Types & Thresholds
Commitment Voucher Thresholds - Effective July 1, 2022
Commitment Voucher Type Threshold Small Purchase Documentation
- Goods, Services, and Grants $10,000 or less
- Goods over $10,000
- Services between $10,000 and $250,000
- Construction up to $150,000 (FR 4-1)
- Services over $250,000
- Construction over $150,000
- Professional Services, any amount
- Real Property leases/licenses, any amount
Small Dollar Grant Amount
- Grants between $10,000 and $250,000
- Grants over $250,000
- Colorado Procurement Related Policies
- Additional Resources